My Babies

My Babies
They are much older now....

Friday, July 2, 2010

....home....

Well since we last spoke I vacationed in Florida with the Dighton-Rehoboth Marching Band. It was hot as hell (or what I think hell would be as hot as) I literally sweat while standing in one place! It was amazing to see the kids march down Main Street in the Magic Kingdom but I could have done without the heat and cost. Heat to the point that I thought I might die at least twice on vacation. My hypertension medication makes me sweat like a sprinkler so you should see how pretty the pictures are! Man the mouse really has you by the balls when its 100 degrees in the shade and $2.50 for a bottle of water.

We returned home on Wednesday and I couldn't have asked for better weather - this is why I live in New England, windows open and the breeze blowing everything off my fridge!
But back to reality on Tuesday, summer school starts and Shawn goes back to work.

Ahh work, still no sign of an official job for the fall and still rethinking a career. After being slaughtered by my special education director prior to the end of school for a typo, I'm ready to teach regular education for a while and if the summer school money wasn't so good I would have been taking the summer off.

But I have lots of plans for the summer, tops on my list reconnecting with some old friends, getting all the home improvement projects started and finished and improving my cooking skills. We have been without a microwave for about a month now and I kind of like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment